Your Health is hosted by Maureen Taylor. In episode five, we look at the practice of ear tubing and discuss is this the best way to treat the most common childhood infection? Maureen interviews Doug Powell, a professor of plant agriculture at the University of Guelph, and Rod MacRae, a food policy consultant about the debate over organic foods and pesticides. Also this week, chemistry professor, Dr. Joe Schwarcz looks at Saw palmetto.
Jun 10, 2002
- August 12, 2020 - 25:30The brothers dive with the sharks, whales and turtles of Cocos Island off the west coast of Costa Rica.
- August 12, 2020 - 29:02The lives of a rambunctious Syrian refugee family of 13 intersect with their community of enthusiastic sponsors in Picton, Ont.
- August 12, 2020 - 57:21Andrew Nisker takes a humorous, in-depth look at chewing gum, the world's second-largest form of litter.
- August 12, 2020 - 3:23If you're looking for a specific record, you'll probably find it at Brian's Record Option in Kingston - but you'll need his help.
- August 12, 2020 - 44:51Around the globe, thousands of decommissioned naval vessels rot in dockyards. What can you do with these toxic time bombs? One solution is to clean them well, blow them up and sink them!
- August 12, 2020 - 57:54River Silence follows several women whose lives are profoundly changed by the controversial Belo Monte Dam along Brazil's Xingu River, a major tributary of the Amazon River.
- August 12, 2020 - 50:00Sports fanatic Mark has Autism Spectrum Disorder and hopes to find a career that makes use of his strong sports knowledge; Mari, who was born with Spina Bifida, craves more stability in a career.
- August 11, 2020 - 1:28:33Filmmaker Min Sook Lee follows the story of migrant workers from Indonesia who come to labour in Ontario greenhouses.
- August 11, 2020 - 53:45Divers search the Thames for clues to a 17th-century tragedy, and a man with a metal detector makes the find of a lifetime.
- August 11, 2020 - 26:28What will it take to ensure Ontario has greater access to broadband?
- August 10, 2020 - 26:11Actor Louis Gossett Jr. and director Sergio Navarretta discuss, "The Cuban," a film that highlights the way elderly people are treated in society.
- August 7, 2020 - 6:02Northeastern Ontario Hub journalist Nick Dunne discusses the rise in opioid overdoses in Sudbury.
- August 7, 2020 - 20:24Ontario Hubs field producer Jeyan Jeganathan talks to Thunder Bay-born model and disability advocate Rachel Romu.
- August 6, 2020 - 26:13From murder hornets to locust swarms, and disease-carrying mosquitoes, we look at how bugs have been wreaking havoc lately.
- August 5, 2020 - 26:26What is the role of eels in Ontario's ecosystems and why are they becoming endangered?
- August 4, 2020 - 26:24What is the essential role of bats in the ecosystem and why are they becoming endangered?
- July 31, 2020 - 4:13Hamilton-Niagara Hub journalist Justin Chandler spoke to some local artists who are having to find other ways to promote their work since most conventions have been cancelled for the year.
- July 31, 2020 - 22:12How has climate change affected one of Canada's most precious biospheres?
- OPINION: Ontario families aren’t demanding perfection from a back-to-school plan. They want the Tories to consider every option and exhaust every possible resource.
- The pandemic is driving a tech revolution in the restaurant industry. But how will that change the dining experience?
- OPINION: Doug Ford says the government’s going to do everything it can to make its back-to-school plan work and “pray to God that everyone’s safe.” Teachers and families need more than that.
- It looked as if local brand Temagami Dry wouldn’t survive. Then the Town of Tegamami came forward with a bid.
- The premier has defied expectations. But he’s also benefitting from the way pressers work during COVID-19.
- COVID-19 strikes Mennonite communities
- Ford to Trump: ‘Give your head a shake’
- After the pandemic shut down markets, small farms from the across the province went online — and some say the shift could be here to stay.
- Did Toronto host a Saudi hit squad?