What food will we be eating in the future under the influence of climate change? Then, what is the state of university student unions. And, what does a new generation of Canadian musician have to offer? And, who's left behind when a city like Hamilton grows? The Agenda reviews its week of programming.
February 14, 2020 - 26:23
- February 14, 2020 - 7:48Northeastern Ontario Hub journalist Nick Dunne reports on the road to self governance for Ontario's First Nations communities.
- February 13, 2020 - 20:31Liz Stuart, president of the Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association, provides an update on negotiations between her union and the provincial government.
- February 13, 2020 - 34:00Our panel looks at the troubles facing student unions and what can be done to address them.
- February 12, 2020 - 33:48A warming planet is changing what we eat. Here's how.
- February 11, 2020 - 31:41The Agenda discusses the growing gap between haves and have-nots in Hamilton as it continues to grow.
- February 11, 2020 - 23:01How are the teacher strikes sitting with the public. We discuss perception vs. reality when it comes to union negotiations with the Ontario government.
- February 10, 2020 - 19:26Authors Shawn Chirrey and Simon Harvey discuss their book, "Tomorrow is Too Late - Toronto Hardcore Punk in the 1980s."
- February 10, 2020 - 34:48What is a new generation of Canadian musicians offering audiences and the music industry?
- February 7, 2020 - 19:01Retirement savings options, the Canadian economy in 2020, new CRTC rules, and a future for former children in care.
Last week, political veterans met with newbie senators behind closed doors. Here’s what they had to say about navigating a minority government.
Far from home, you can still run into people with vivid memories of Ontario political history
At an event this week, three of Canada’s most prominent former MPs peeled back the curtain on the realities of being a woman in politics.
What's on This Week
MonFeb 17Generational Battles; Mackenzie King's Efforts to Avert WarThe Agenda unpacks what's behind the "OK Boomer" meme that depicts the divide between millennials and older generations. Then, author Robert Teigrob, on his book chronicling William Lyon Mackenzie King's remarkable expedition to Hitler's Germany in an effort to avert the Second World War.
TueFeb 18Coronavirus Contagion; The Dangerous MosquitoWhat do we know, and what don't we know, about the coronavirus? We look at the worldwide efforts to stop the spread COVID-19 Then, author and historian Timothy C. Winegard on how mosquitoes have become a most deadly predator.
WedFeb 19Ontario Liberal Party Leadership DebateTVO hosts the Ontario Liberal leadership debate at The Agenda studio in Toronto. Moderated by Steve Paikin, all six Liberal leadership candidates discuss their priorities: Michael Coteau, Steven Del Duca, Kate Graham, Brenda Hollingsworth, Mitzie Hunter, and Alvin Tedjo.
ThuFeb 20The Agenda with Steve PaikinWhat's happening with the dispute over the Coastal GasLink pipeline that's inspired protests across the country? Then, how a Toronto's Soulpepper theatre company is rebuilding itself after a very public scandal.
FriFeb 21Ontario Hubs; The Agenda's WeekOur regional reporters report on stories they're following. Then, we review our top stories of the week.