The Agenda discusses why Canada's debt and deficit are not bigger issues in the federal election campaign. Then, what health care policies do the federal parties have on offer to voters?
October 18, 2019 - 8:00
- October 18, 2019 - 5:24Indigenous Ontario Hub reporter Shelby Lisk discusses how Indigenous nations choose leaders.
- October 18, 2019 - 26:48The Agenda welcomes Pat Sorbara to discuss her memoir, "Let 'Em Howl: Lessons from a Life in Backroom Politics."
- October 18, 2019 - 13:45Erin Kelly is CEO of Advanced Symbolics Inc., and as she's done throughout this federal campaign, she's joins The Agenda to discuss what Polly is picking up as the race comes to a close.
- October 17, 2019 - 17:51The Agenda discusses controversy around the effectiveness of mammograms.
- October 17, 2019 - 36:51The Agenda discusses what the federal parties have planned for health care policy.
- October 16, 2019 - 35:43The Agenda discusses why there is a conversation deficit in the election campaign about the country's debt.
- October 15, 2019 - 16:56Sharon Hartung talks about her book, "Your Digital Undertaker: Exploring Death in the Digital Age in Canada."
- October 15, 2019 - 38:02The Agenda discusses what the parties are offering on key urban priorities during the election campaign.
- October 14, 2019 - 25:28The Agenda discusses why board games are enjoying a resurgence in popularity.
Mayor John Tory has never been one for political drama. Now, his way of doing business appears to be paying off for Toronto.
Pollsters are saying this election could be a close one. So what happens if no party wins a majority of seats? Here’s a civics lesson.
What's on This Week
MonOct 21A Better Question Period; Reconciliation RealityHas the tone and temperature at the Ontario legislature taken a turn for the worst? The Agenda poses that question to a panel of experts. Then, how an Indigenous-relations trainer is educating non-Indigenous people about the Indian Act.
TueOct 22A New Federal GovernmentThe Agenda welcomes political journalists and party strategists to contextualize the results of the Canadian federal election. Then, Ontario Hubs reporters discuss how the election played out in the regions of the province they cover.
WedOct 23International Adoptions; An Adoption JourneyThe Agenda looks at how stricter international laws and policies have led to plummeting foreign adoption rates in Canada. Then, author Jenny Heijun Wills discusses her experience of being raised by a family of a different ethnicity and culture - the subject of her memoir, "Older Sister. Not Necessarily Related."
ThuOct 24John Tory's Toronto; A New Transit DealSteve Paikin talks with Toronto Mayor John Tory about the big issues he's faced over the past five years in office, and his vision for Canada's largest city. Then, a closer look at the new transit deal that's been struck between Toronto and the province and how it will work for the GTHA.
FriOct 25Tegan and Sara; The Agenda's WeekSteve Paikin talks to musicians Tegan and Sara about their book, "High School," a memoir about their formative years, their struggles with identity, and how the sisters got their start in music. Then, The Agenda reviews its week of programming.