This week's review of Agenda episodes features solutions to seniors' housing dilemmas; how we can work together globally to fight climate change; a discussion of Toronto's rapid growth; and Ontario's very serious opioid fatalities problem.
September 13, 2019 - 23:23
- September 13, 2019 - 5:23David Rockne Corrigan discusses Student Vote, a school program that teaches the electoral process and media literacy.
- September 13, 2019 - 27:31Jennifer Gunter discusses her women's health book, "The Vagina Bible."
- September 12, 2019 - 32:44The Agenda discusses housing options for Ontario's seniors.
- September 12, 2019 - 21:00Shared Housing: Affordable Living for Seniors
- September 11, 2019 - 13:01The Agenda welcomes Karen Stintz to discuss success in politics.
- September 11, 2019 - 41:17The Agenda discusses whether Toronto is growing too fast.
- September 10, 2019 - 17:32The Agenda welcomes epidemiologist Dan Werb to discuss how the opioid crisis is affecting small towns in Ontario.
- September 10, 2019 - 37:02The Agenda discusses how opioid-related fatalities in Ontario, and what is being done to prevent them.
- September 9, 2019 - 15:37Climatologist Michael Mann discusses the relationship between extreme weather and climate change.
With a new chief of staff in place, Doug Ford has signalled that he wants to change the narrative surrounding his government.
Six generations back, the Doans and the Willsons fell out over religion. But this summer, they buried the hatchet
Ruth Lowe wrote some of Frank Sinatra’s best songs — and she deserves a spot on Canada’s Walk of Fame
You might not have heard of her, but you’ve heard her songs. It’s time that we honoured one of our best songwriters.
What's on This Week
MonSep 16Troubled WatersThe Agenda examines some of the major threats plaguing the Great Lakes and why a new report is calling on government to commit to doing more to protect them.
TueSep 17Politics, Partisanship, and PolarizationWith political tensions running higher across the country, The Agenda considers how well Canada's federal parties represent the values and attitudes of Canadians.
WedSep 18Keeping French Schools FrenchThe Agenda looks at how French students may be underserved when too many English-speaking students are admitted into their schools, and why Ontario's French school boards are facing a potential constitutional challenge over the issue.
ThuSep 19Reshaping CapitalismThe Agenda examines a growing movement that's nudging corporations towards a social purpose beyond profits.
FriSep 20Naomi Klein; Ontario Hubs; The Agenda's WeekThe Agenda welcomes author and environmental activist Naomi Klein to discuss her latest book, "On Fire: The (Burning) Case for a Green New Deal." Then, Ontario Hubs journalists discuss stories from around the province. And, The Agenda reviews its week of programming.