Comic conventions in Toronto, Hamilton, and Niagara, at which creators showcase their work, have been cancelled this year due to COVID-19. What does that mean for Ontario's comic-book writers and illustrators? Hamilton-Niagara Hub journalist Justin Chandler spoke to some local artists who are having to find other ways to promote their work.
July 31, 2020 - 4:13
- July 31, 2020 - 22:12How has climate change affected one of Canada's most precious biospheres?
- July 30, 2020 - 32:17How might cities adapt their public spaces to accommodate social distancing needs?
- July 28, 2020 - 26:12What do educators and policymakers have to do to make schools safe for September and also foster optimum learning?
- July 27, 2020 - 27:13Author and journalist Duncan McCue discuss his book, "The Shoe Boy: A Trapline Memoir."
- July 24, 2020 - 6:25Southwestern Ontario Hub journalist Mary Baxter explains how Bill 175: The Connecting People to Home and Community Care Act affects current operations.
- July 24, 2020 - 19:23Suanne Kelman extolls the pleasures of birdwatching.
- July 23, 2020 - 26:14Journalist Laura Trethewey discusses her book, "The Imperiled Ocean: Human Stories from a Changing Sea."
- July 22, 2020 - 25:46What are the lessons learned and the remaining issues to be solved 30 years after the Oka standoff outside Montreal.
- July 21, 2020 - 26:29Jessie Thistle discusses his book, "From the Ashes: My Story of Being Métis, Homeless, and Finding My Way."
Daniel Dodge seemingly had it all: love, money, and his whole life ahead of him. Fate had other plans.
It’s been 35 years since Bill Davis was last in office. But his record still looks pretty darned good.
William Lyon Mackenzie King was our longest-serving prime minister — Oliver Mowat, Ontario’s longest-serving premier. For both, this was a date of significance.
What's on This Week
TueAug 04Dispelling Myths About BatsTwo chiropterologists discuss why bats are essential to ecosystems and what is lost when they become endangered.
WedAug 05Endangered EelsThe health of eel populations is a good indicator of the state of an ecosystem. So what does it mean that the American eel, the common species in Ontario, is now endangered?
ThuAug 06Bugs: What Are They Good For?Murder hornets, locust swarms, disease-carrying mosquitoes - is there anything good about bugs? We look at the benefits and drawbacks of insects.
FriAug 07A Disability Role ModelOntario Hubs field producer Jeyan Jeganathan talks to Thunder Bay-born model and disability advocate Rachel Romu about accessibility in the fashion industry and discusses issues that have arisen for people with disabilities during the COVID-19 pandemic.