1. Is TVO a registered charity?
Yes, TVO is a registered charity. In Canada, our charitable registration number is 85985 0232 RR0001. For our friends in the US, TVO is a tax-exempt charity under section 501(c)3: Tax ID 75-1850754. All financial contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law.
2. What is TVO’s address?
TVO’s address is 2180 Yonge St, Toronto, ON, M4S 2B9.
3. What are the different ways I can donate to TVO?
Donating to TVO is fast, easy, and secure. Make a tax-deductible donation in one of four ways:
- By calling TVO at 416.484.2665 or 1.800.463.6886 (toll free in Canada and the US).
- By printing, completing, and mailing the TVO Donation Form (fillable PDF), along with a cheque payable to TVO or your credit card details. If you’d like us to debit your chequing account, please include a VOID cheque for monthly gifts.
- By printing, completing, and mailing the TVO Gift of Securities Form (fillable PDF) to donate publicly traded securities.
4. How can I donate to TVO through my employer’s matching gift program?
Many companies understand the value in supporting their employees by matching donations to registered Canadian charities like TVO. To donate to TVO through your employer’s matching gift program, you will need the appropriate form from your employer, which you can complete and send to TVO along with your donation. We will complete our portion of the form as required by your employer and send the completed form to the address on the form. For more information, please check with your Human Resources Department or representative.
5. How do I get my tax receipt?
Monthly donors are mailed their tax receipts in February for any donations made in the preceding year. Donors who make a single gift online will receive their tax receipt by email at the time of their donation. Donors who make a single gift by phone or mail will have their tax receipts mailed to them within three weeks.
6. How can I update my contact or payment information?
If you would like to update your name, address, or phone number, or you would like to update your credit card or banking information for your monthly gift, please call 416.484.2665 or 1.800.463.6886 (toll free in Canada and the US) or email email@example.com.
7. Can I remain anonymous?
Yes, of course. We will respect your wish not to publicly acknowledge your gift or donor status (for instance, on tvo.org, in the annual report, or in an issue of Impact). Please note that we do require your full name and mailing address to issue a tax receipt.
8. How does sponsorship work at TVO?
Sponsorship helps TVO provide more innovative learning opportunities to more Ontarians in more ways than ever before. For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please visit tvo.org/support-us/corporate-partnerships or contact Jeffery Beck by phone at 1.416.484.2600 ext. 2588, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other questions you have, please call or e-mail us. We would love to hear from you.
1.800.463.6886 (toll free in Canada and the US)