My Top 10 Most Memorable Moments
A few times a year, our colleagues get together at our ALL-TVO meeting to discuss challenges, our progress and to celebrate success.
At our last meeting, we recognized the service milestones of our teammates, celebrating our colleagues for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 years of experience at TVO! This year we had a whopping 43 team members celebrate a service milestone.
And I was one of the recipients (can you spot me below ?)
In honour of my 10 years at TVO I am sharing my most memorable moments (in no particular order).
1. Being dubbed a “Learning Catalyst” when I first started – it was a brand new role and I had the opportunity to really put my thumbprint on it
2. Diverse teams. Diverse perspectives. Diverse projects. This was as true on day one as it is today
3. Canada’s esteemed astronaut, Chris Hatfield, sharing his journey at our offices and my kids getting to enjoy the experience
4. On mat leave I was humbled and honoured to receive a card from our CEO congratulating my family on the arrival of our newest member
5. Developing a program that enabled content creators to deliver on TVO’s “digital first” strategy. This led to winning the CSTD Award for Training Excellence!
6. Giving me the space and flexibility to following my other passion, teaching at U of T. This eventually led to winning the Morley Gunderson Prize in Industrial Relations.
7. We do a really good Lunch & Learn – everyone is so excited to share their skills and experience that they have become commonplace. One of my personal favourites was chef Jamie Kennedy and food activist Joshna Maharaj, sharing their insights on what ends up on Ontario’s plates!
8. Celebratory dances whenever we hire one of our awesome new TVOers.
9. My People & Culture teammates surprising me to celebrate my 10 years with Apple Blossoms, my FAVOURITE (thanks Julia for searching all over the city – they’re definitely not easy to find!)
10. Polkaroo – seeing him at our events is always a treat!
I have to say a list of 10 was a challenge to narrow down. I could go on and on. Simply put, it been such a happy experience for me.
If you want to come work with me and our very talented team of TVOers, check out our Work at TVO page or Sign up for a Career Alert.